Vacancy: Director – Green Initiative Foundation
Green Initiative Foundation (GIF) is an Indonesian NGO that empowers communities living in and around Indonesia’s vulnerable forests to support environmental protection and adopt more sustainable lifestyles.
We are currently looking for a new member of staff to lead our organisation and manage our two main programmes: a tree adoption project engaging the private sector in funding tree adoptions, working with multiple farmer groups to support sustainable livelihoods and value chain interventions; and a holistic community development project in one village, focussing on waste management, organic farming and eco-tourism. The role involves working closely with the Chairman and is based in Jakarta, with regular travel to project sites.
This position is ideal for someone with a background in livelihoods project management work, who wishes to take a step up in terms of seniority and challenge themselves in this small, dynamic Indonesian NGO.
- Project management: Managing the day to day running of GIF’s tree adoption and community development projects, including field staff
- Fundraising and grant management; report writing and proposal writing to achieve the goals of the above projects, plus support the running of our organic social enterprise at a strategic level
- Relationship management: networking and developing relationships with funders, implementation partners and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry
- Managing staff: Managing our small staff team in Jakarta and field staff in our project locations (West Java)
- Strategy: Develop the strategic direction of the Foundation and report to the Board of Trustees.
- S1 in a relevant degree
- 5 years project management experience
- 2 years of experience in livelihoods
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Experience in managing a team, ideally also with experience managing remote staff.
- Proficient in English
- Experience managing relationships with the private sector
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, your CV and salary expectation to Emma Piper, firstname.lastname@example.org 7th April 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.