Water is essential for human life and nutrition. It forms a major components of every body cell and organ.
Functions of water include:
- Regulation of body temperature
- Transporting oxygen and nutrients through the blood
- Removing waste through urine and faeces
- As lubrication for our joints
- As a major component of our body fluids (as mucus and tears)
- Giving cells shape and stability
- When you are out always carry a water bottle. You can always freeze some freezer safe water bottles and have it with you for ice cold water.
- Always prefer water to sweetened beverages and drinks.
- Serve water with meals. Always go for water even when eating out.
- If you need to make it more exciting add slices of lemon, cucumber or watermelon to your water.
- For a refreshing low-calorie drink add a splash of 100% juice to plain ice water.
- If you do choose a sugar sweetened beverage select a small size.
- Try to be a role model to your family and friends